August 26, 2010

Lime Honey Chicken Enchaladas


1.5 Lbs Chicken (about 4 Large chicken breasts)
1/3-1/2 C. honey (depending on how sweet you want it.
1/4 cup lime juice
1 Tab. chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Boil chicken till done. Put in large bowl and using a hand mixer, shred your chicken (this will change your life). Add above ingredient and
1/2 c. motz cheese
1/2 c. cheddar
to chicken and fill 8-10 flour tortillas

combine
2 10 oz cans green enchilada sauce
1 c. cream

Sprinkle cheese on top and pour on enchilada sauce.

Bake for 30 min at 350 uncover for the last 10 min to brown the tops.

Top with guacamole and sour cream and serve with rice and salad greens.

Note: Chicken breasts can dry out if you want a more moist meet you can use chicken thighs (you will 8 thighs to 4 chicken breasts)
Also, I like to use some of my chicken broth as my rice water. It gives it a great flavor.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I just made this, but I used white corn tortillas trying to make it a little healthier. I cooked the tortillas before I used them and I would just use them raw next time, they were a little tough, but the flavor was great. Instead of rolling them I layered tortillas, sauce, chicken, tortillas, sauce, chicken, tortillas, sauce, and cheese. Excellent recipe! I tried to use a half batch of sauce, it was good, but next time I'll make the full batch.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...